Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Beautiful Day

I started out the day today listening to that song I keep talking about: Beyonce's "Halo." I can't help it; it's so beautiful. It's a poignant tune that she sings to someone who has gotten her to fall in love again because of his goodness, even though she had built walls to keep love out. He broke through them with his halo, haha. I know, sounds dumb, but I love it!

I walked into work, and the very first thing that happened was my co-worker Prema handed me a gift-wrapped box. It contained candy canes, a hot-cocoa packet, and an invitation to a white elephant party. It was adorable, with rhymes and everything! At lunch time, I spoke with my sister Audrey on the phone for about 10 minutes, just to catch up. I bumped into an old friend, Wasami, from high school, and her beautiful little boy. And on my way back to work, I got to help push the vehicle of a distraught woman out of the way of traffic, and to a place of safety. The only other gentleman that came to her rescue was such an angel, and his wife was so kind to wait and allow her husband to play the good Samaritan. The entire rest of the evening was pleasant, and I really have nothing to complain about tonight.

I thank God above for wonderful days like this: days when I get to see the beauty and good in people; days when I get to enjoy simple things; days when I get to be useful and needed; days when I can feel the love God has for his children and for me.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh my goodness - remember that time I just saw this link on Mak's blog - and it's you! :)
How are you?
This is Tiff Gibson

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Hey I need your email address. I made my blog private. Get it to me on facebook. :) Mucho love!

EJ said...

Tiff, wowsers! I haven't talked to you in ages! I'm so glad to see you! Here's my email address, Mak... ejmose@gmail.com . And anyone else who wants it I guess, haha.