Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Poetry

So I found some poetry I wrote a while back, and I thought I'd share some of it here. If it peaks your interest, let me know, and maybe I'll share more~

P.S. Thanks guys, I love you all tons~


It's Not You...


Blue as the skies above, your eyes
Shield something deep inside them;
And just as I think I've glimpsed their prize
Something new catches their attention.

It's not you, it's not me
But I don't know what it could be...

Your legs, so limber and so long
Glide across the carpet that at one time
We shared; now a memory gone
That I never again will find.

Your feet take you to the door,
An exit once before an entryway
To my heart; but no more
Can your feet permit you to stay.

It's not you, it's not me,
But I wish we still could be...

Darkness now, where light once dwelled.
It faded as your golden hair
Slipped from view; now all that's felt
Is the emptiness of no one else there.

My eyes, which once deceived my body
Now shed tears of emotions deep,
I never knew existed; the honesty
Is too much for my heart to keep.

She's gone, she's gone
Forever...

No more her, no more we,
It's not you, it's just me.

No comments: