Friday, June 26, 2009

Beat It!

Okay, I know that I am not the most sensitive person. And I know that I have my share of not-so-tasteful jokes, and terrible timing.

But can we please lay of the Michael Jackson jokes for AT LEAST 1 DAY?!

I know that he's not everyone's favorite person, but I love that man. His music inspired the entire world, shared messages of love and unity, bridged the gap between people of all colors and cultures, breathed life into POP!! He could dance and entertain like no other ever could or WILL. He was able to turn much of his troubled childhood into great songs. And despite whatever drama he caused the world as an adult, Michael Jackson positively contributed more to the world than anyone else in Pop music. He deserves the title of "King of Pop", and he bore it well.

So is it too much to ask for all of the haters to BEAT IT for just ONE DAY?!!!

1 comment:

Bravone said...

Amen. I also have a bit of sorrow for someone who was obviously not a happy person for much of his life.