Thursday, April 30, 2009

Help Thou Mine Unbelief

One of my favorite passages in the Bible comes from Mark 9:

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

It expresses how I feel so often in my life. I KNOW that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real, and I KNOW that Heavenly Father hears my prayers. I KNOW that the atonement is big enough for all things, even my own plight. Still, I have days where I'm weak, and my faith is tried. On these days, I want to cry, and I plead that the Lord will allow blessings into my life despite my unbelief.

Now, more than I have in a very long time, my hope is that God sees the good in me, and will grant unto me the righteous desires of my heart, despite my imperfections.

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief..."

5 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

The Lord will always grant you your righteous desires as He sees fit. If not now, sometime in the future it will come :) I, too, feel that way at times. Help mine unbelief... and my faith *is* tired some days. But I always find hope in the Atonement and in God's love for me and his wish for my happiness.

Trevor Holms Petersen said...

I totally understand ya bro. When Im in one of those lost moods, I just remember that is the time he gets to mold me for his purpose's!

Saint Job said...

:)

Bravone said...

EJ, I could have written this post. I can so relate. I am sure Father sees the good in you. You are his son. I think he is eager to bless and help us. What I often forget is that he knows what is in my best interest. Sometimes I pray that he will take away my trial, when he knows that I still need to grow. He makes my burden bearable, but doesn't take it away until I have learned what I need to learn. It tries my faith and hopefully I will trust him enough to grow.

You are a good soul. I love you EJ.

Bravonesh

Rachel Louanne! said...

thank you for being the wonderful you! i love you!