Wednesday, December 31, 2008

About the Song...

"Walk With Me" is a song I wrote a couple summers ago. I had this beautiful melody that kept running through my head, and the concept of God walking with me was always associated with it. I believe it may have been sparked by the inspirational story "Footprints in the Sand" where the author looks back on his life and sees 2 sets of prints sometimes, and one set of prints other times. After realizing that the single sets of footprints were there during the toughest times of his life, the author asked God where He was during those trying times. God loving replied, "I did not leave you alone. I carried you. Those prints are mine."


I have always loved that story, as cheezy as it may be. It truly tells of my own life experiences: I have witnessed the love of a Heavenly Father who lifts and carries me when my legs lose strength, and I feel too weak to move on. This song is special to me, because it is a reminder to me of what amazing changes have occurred in my life when I've allowed God to hold my hand and walk with me through everything.

As we look forward to the New Year, I find it quite befitting to share this song with everyone. I have big ambitions this year, and some high hopes for the improvement of my own self, and I know that with the Lord walking next to me, I can accomplish anything!

Happy New Year to you all! Stay safe, see you next year!

-EJ

2 comments:

Abelard Enigma said...

I just became aware of your blog - and I've added a link to it from my blog.

Welcome to the queerosphere - and the family

EJ said...

Hey, thanks Abelard. The queerosphere, haha that's good.